Sunday, January 12, 2014

all good things: the secret life

All Good Things started as a one-hour Sunday night radio show on KSTO St. Olaf radio, featuring feel-good music and 10 highlights from the past week. The show, and its current written form, is brought to you by Clara, Second Set of Baby Steps creator, and my radio co-host Cassie. We both contribute things to the list, so I'll tell you who said what to avoid confusion...

Sit back and enjoy!


1. Song of the week: Lake Michigan by Rogue Wave. This song was the musical accompaniment to a gorgeous international travel montage in Walter Mitty. Breathtakingly glorious.

2. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. J and I watched this movie (#8 in the box office as of Wednesday afternoon) for date night this week, and it was beautiful and inspiring and funny. Definitely recommend. -Clara

3. La Fia. A famous Philly restaurateur opened up this little French bakery in Wilmington this summer, and we've been hearing about the gourmet cheeses for months now. Friday night we went there for dinner with J's siblings and the food and drinks were also delicious. It's fine dining, so not cheap, and small portions - but they really take their flavors and ambiance seriously. -Clara

4. Columbus Inn. Another place I've been wanting to visit for months (if not years). Last night a friend stopped by and she was craving Columbus Inn pizza, so we decided to go out with her. This place also takes mixed drinks seriously; the bartender was an artist and made a pretty killer Old Fashioned. We each ordered a pizza: one Kennett Square with mushrooms and caramelized onions, a tomato basil mozzarella, and a roasted pear and prosciutto with balsamic glaze. All amazing. And the inside was beautiful, with comfortable chairs and soft music, so we could actually hold a conversation. -Clara

5. Massages. J's mom gave me a gift certificate for a Swedish massage for my birthday, and I've been saving it for after the holidays. Yesterday morning I finally got up and went in, and it was amazing. I felt like all the bad stuff was flushed out of my body and I was so dazed for the rest of the day (in a good way). Plus it was a great excuse to take some Me-time. -Clara

6. Luke and I rearranged our living room this week, and I'm loving it. It's great how a little change can be so refreshing. -Cassie

7. Changing a hairstyle. A few weeks ago I chopped quite a few inches off of my hair. It's been tough getting used to it, but I'm definitely glad I did it! -Cassie

8. Fitbit. I've been using a Fitbit for the last few weeks (it's a pedometer that also tracks sleep, etc). Using it has made me realize that I sit way too much everyday so I've started taking short breaks to walk around at work. I feel healthier already! -Cassie

9. Finding old cards people have sent you. I was cleaning out a drawer today and found some really great old cards from friends and family. I paused my cleaning to read through them, and they really brightened my day. -Cassie

10. Red lipstick. I bought some this week which is a big deal for me since I've never owned lipstick before! I've only used it once so far, but I feel like I rocked it. -Cassie

BONUS! This is the official blog announcement: Coffeeshopcrush and I are now engaged! I definitely think that counts... but maybe I'm biased ;)


* * * * * * *
Thank you, readers, for being with us tonight, and for giving me reasons to write, and things to write about.

And thanks for joining us every Sunday night! Join the Baby Steps on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/TheBabyStepsSaga for good things every day, and updates on new posts. Come back next week for another reminder of 10 more things to be thankful for!

Until then, be kind to each other, and find a reason to smile!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment