Monday, May 27, 2013

All Good Things Reprise: Episode 13

Happy Memorial Day, dedicated readers! I'm never quite sure if that's the right way to say it: Happy Memorial Day -- because I don't see it as a particularly "happy" holiday. It's a good moment for reflection, though, so please take that moment. And if you have the day off from work, enjoy the day. Relax. Spend time with your family and friends and lovers. Raise a glass to honor someone.

Then, hit play, and read on:



1. Long weekends! Paid vacation!

2. Corndogs! Beer! Cookouts with friends!

3. The Class of 2013's Last Lecture was given by one of the All Good Things chart-toppers, an anthropology professor both Cassie and I loved through college. He regularly made the list when we actually had class with him 3-5 times a week, so it seems only fitting he makes the list now!

4. 10 things you might not know about love. This article was submitted by a loyal follower of the show and of this blog (Liz, you might have heard of her). I particularly like the connections between love and health in some of the later points. Thanks, Liz!

5. My sister is home from college for the summer! The fam is back together... And now I have someone to talk St. Olaf with :) Photo below.

6. Speaking of St. Olaf, I ended up behind another car with a St. Olaf sticker on the rear windshield this week. The incident has refreshed my quest to connect with other Oles in the Wilmington area.

7. Meeting new people! Our team for the Spartan race in July met up at Stanley's Tavern, a bar in North Wilmington, last night. Well, two thirds of our team plus one non-running friend met up. I hadn't met the other two runners, who are friends of Jason's, and they were really great. It will be fun running together. Also, we decided on our team shirt design :)

8. Getting together with friends I haven't seen in awhile. The non-Spartan who came out last night is one of my favorite people in this town, who I haven't seen in far too long. It was important for us to catch up.

9. Blueberry muffins! I haven't made them in awhile, but I've been saving up these blueberries in the freezer for awhile. My mom has a great recipe so I whipped them up this morning for a vacation day breakfast.

10. Goofy laughing. Just good for the mood :) Make sure you do some of that today.

Off to cook out and soak up the sun and day drink with my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment