Sunday, May 12, 2013

All Good Things Reprise: Episode 11

Sorry I didn't get a playlist together for this week; I swore I'd set it up already, but I guess not. I may have to move the time of this post, since it turns out I'm always stressed out and scrambling to get this live online! Which is counter the point.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean there aren't any good things this week! In fact, I even tried to squeeze in a few extras. So... This week, YOU pick the tunes. :)

1. Iron Man 3! J. and I went to see this for date night this week and it was SO good! I highly recommend you see this movie.

2. "This Is Water." A striking and fabulous short film adaptation of a 2005 commencement speech at Kenyon College by David Foster Wallace. It's about 10 minutes long, but if you can spare a few, I highly recommend you watch this too.


3. The Color Run. It's the happiest 5k on the planet. I ran it yesterday in Baltimore with 25,000 other people and it was so hot but it was so colorful and beautiful... and yes, I would definitely call it happy.

4. I had a wonderful spring gnocchi at Good Earth in Edina last night. The peas, pea shoots, squash and zucchini were so fresh that it made me feel like I was eating Spring! I think I'll make it at home sometime soon.

5. Spontaneous hang-outs with friends! My friend Carol stopped by randomly this week, and we hung out/went for a drive. It was unexpected and so nice!

6. Remembering to say thank you. Sometimes it's so easy to go through a day wrapped up in my own world. It's easy to forget to express gratitude to those who deserve it.

7. Neighborhood book exchanges. We have about 10 in our neighborhood, and have dropped some used books in them. It's such a great way to get connected to others in our area by seeing what they're reading!

8. Summer shandy! When it gets hot at the beginning of summer, I immediately start craving Leinenkugel's. That right there is branding gone right.

9. Talking. Open communication is one thing I appreciate most about my romantic relationship -- SO unbelievably important -- but I have also enjoyed having some really good talks with girl friends this week, and with both of my parents, and my brother and my sister and even a few people I have never met before in my life. (Can I sneak in an extra good thing? Lunch dates with my dad, which don't happen quite often enough. And also my baby sister's junior prom!)

10. Mom! I spent the day with my mom and dad today. It's her birthday too! We got to hang out and enjoy each others company which was well needed. Happy Mother's Day to all the great moms out there!

I'm going to dedicate this post to our mothers, to the two moms that birthed us especially, but also to all the other women who have mothered us throughout our lives. I don't think I can ever really express how important you are to me and how much of an impact you have made on my life. This day is for you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment