Friday, May 17, 2013

All Good Things Reprise: Episode 12




1. Baby! Woke up on Friday to pictures of J's new niece swaddled in blankets and all her grandparents' arms. So tiny and sweet!

2. The new Vampire Weekend album came out this week, and keeping with the theme of babies, the song Diane Young has been cropping up everywhere from Fresh Air to everyone's latest iTunes purchase, and stuck in all of our heads in the office all day, every day. It's included in this week's good things playlist.

3. The Scottish Festival! Right over the border in Maryland, it's a day of bagpipes, men in kilts, haggis, and day drinking. Gets me a little in touch with my fambly heritage. I should try to dig up something in the Ross tartan...

4. Spring cleaning! I've been waiting for MONTHS to clear out our freezer, which is literally bursting with food: some frozen meals in tupperware containers, some freezer bags of smoothie fruit, lots of freezer-burnt veggies and chicken, and who knows what else. Plus, this involves getting all the roomies together to do some serious excavating.

5. Silver Linings Playbook. I know. I'm behind the times AGAIN. But I finally watched this movie (set in Philly, right up the road) last night and it was phenomenal . Recommend.

6. Pets! They can brighten up my day and make me giggle like a kid! My friend owns a bunny that's chocolate brown named Noah, and I'm in love with him.

7. Rainy spring afternoons. Luke and I are currently watching Hook while listening to the rain. Awesome afternoon!

8. Luke and I took engagement photos this week (rather late, I know!) It was so much fun! We took photos in a bookstore. Although it was awkward for us to kiss in public we got used to it after a while!

9. I'm in my cousin's wedding in June, and because of this I've been able to spend more time with her than normal lately. It's been nice to get to know her again!

10. Not many people know this, but I love raccoons. I wanted to be one for Halloween every year when I was little, but we couldn't find a costume. Anyway, I saw one in my neighborhood this week! It was the first time I have seen one in the wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment