Wednesday, April 24, 2013

even in the pictures

Dear readers, let this second week of placeholder posting not mislead you: I have not run out of things to write about and ponder; in fact, there is far too much going on. The post I had planned for this week was called "disruption & rebound" and it was about the latest series of interruptions to my routine, and how life is unpredictable and throws an impeccable and always unexpected curve ball. Think Trouble With The Curve, (spoiler alert) the guy Amy Adams discovers at the end. Incidentally, this is one of my favorite new movies I've watched this year so far.

I must also assure you that the unruliness of the world and the perpetual excess of invitations and opportunities is not making a permanent dent in my Wednesday afternoon blogging routine.

Let me explain. This placeholder post is dedicated to Mommom Sarah, and to her family, who have enriched my time in Delaware beyond all imagination.

Mommom Sarah is J's grandmother and she passed away last week. She was beautiful and sassy and charming. Funny, sharp as a whip. She was tiny, which is funny because she was the mother of four boys and she was always dwarfed by the men surrounding her -- but only in physical stature. In character, she holds her own. Even in the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment