Thursday, April 4, 2013

All Good Things Reprise: Episode 6

And here we are at Sunday night again. It's been an increasingly gorgeous week here in Wilmington, and I'm beginning to feel the sunshine seeping back into my pores.

Cassie and I are still just contributing our sections, but I'm going to start laying them out without introduction of who contributed which numbers. All good things for everyone! Hit play and...enjoy!



1. Saw a bird carrying a twig in its beak while it flew across the road one morning this week, and was suddenly struck by the strange and amazing things that make up our life on earth. How pretty the other birds' singing was; the routine of this bird building a nest every spring; the fact that this bird can fly over the street with a piece of a tree in its beak. Just the fact that this is even possible.

2. As I was walking out to my car after BodyCombat this week I heard out of the dark a little voice shouting, "I LOVE YOU!" And then I saw the new guy in BodyCombat putting a little blond pigtailed girl into her car seat and saying, "I love you too." So beautiful.

3. There have been a couple of beautiful days this week. It finally feels like spring is coming! My backyard is full of bright green leaves -- granted, they are all weeds... But it still looks lush! And this whole week in Delaware it's supposed to be in the mid to upper 70s!

4. On Saturday my sister, my roommate and I got up and ran 4 miles for the Pearce Q Foundation, to benefit kids with cancer. It was a little cold, but so refreshing... And Katy and I came in at a little over 38 minutes! That's better than we had anticipated, and with decidedly negative splits. This is the first of 3 races we're running this season. Look for more in the next few months.

5. After the run, I took my sister out for brunch at Newport Restaurant, home of the most delicious sweet potato hotcakes in town. Love her. She loves whipped cream on everything. Photo included.

6. Long walks. I went on a few around the lake in my neighborhood and felt refreshed! Also, I like the smell of "outside" that lingers on clothes when I return home.

This is on my list too! I just got back from a walk along the Riverfront in Wilmington in the day's last rays of sunshine... Discovering a part of the city I previously have little explored, and finishing with my first summer ale of the season! Plus, Jason makes good company.

7. She's the Man! (Movie with Amanda Bynes) it was on this morning, and I was saying all the lines word-for-word.

8. Seeing my family at holiday gatherings. I got to see my little cousin, Emily, who told me, "red jelly beans are icky because they taste like cough syrup." Also her younger brother, Luke, who thinks it's hysterical that he and my Luke have the same name :)

Another samesies! Today we celebrated Jason's grandmother's birthday -- she has four sons, so not only was the food predictably fantastic, but there was plenty of goofy humor and fond ribbing going on. I'm a big fan of dad jokes.

9. Rainy days! I love love love the cloudy, rainy spring days that are headed our way.

10. Planning a vacation. Luke and I are planning our honeymoon and it's so fun to plan where we're going, how to get there, where to stay, and what to bring!

Until next week... Keep your eye out for good things in your world! And as always, feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment