Sunday, April 28, 2013

All Good Things Reprise: Episode 9



1. Watching old Disney movies with friends and knowing all the words! Mulan specifically :) There's nothing like Disney movies to bring back some of my childlike enthusiasm!

2. Sleeping with the windows open. I love drifting off to sleep listening to the wind in the trees and watching the curtain blow in and out.

3. Grandparents! (We haven't had this on here yet which surprises me!) Luke and I have spent some time with my grandparents and his grandma in the last couple weeks. I leave feeling rejuvenated! They have such amazing words of wisdom to share and such funny stories!

4. Spring cleaning! I've been doing a little at a time, and it makes me feel so accomplished.

5. Birthdays! It's been a few weeks of intensive birthdays lately. My exchange sister was 18 last week; my baby sister just turned 17! And Thursday night was my roommate's birthday. Happy birthday everyone!

6. Friends With Benefits. My latest favorite movie. Also the source of my recently kindled love for Justin Timberlake, about a decade and a half late. But better late than never, right?

7. Good food! Especially when it is cooked with love and shared freely.

8. Young people. I know, I know -- I am a young person. But I just chaperoned a retreat for my family's church youth group and seriously, no matter how much I complain ahead of time about sacrificing my weekends for this stuff, it doesn't take long for me to remember why I do it: these kids are AMAZING. Especially having met some teenagers lately that make me worry a little about our regard for each other as human beings, the teenagers I get to know on these trips restore my faith in humanity. These guys are so smart, kind, funny, good-natured... A pleasure to work with, and a pleasure for everyone we come across.

9. Phone calls from people I haven't heard from in awhile, but still think about all. the. time.

10. Family. I can't say this enough. With everything that has been happening lately, I've been appreciating family with a depth that shakes the very foundations of my world. Also, I'm extending the definition of family beyond my nuclear family, beyond my blood relations, even, to the friends that have been absorbed into my family and the families of some friends. We get by with a little help from our friends and famblies.

No comments:

Post a Comment