Sunday, April 14, 2013

All Good Things Reprise: Episode 7

It's been quite a week, full of strange weather phenomena (see #2 and #6) and other surprises. Good things are what get us through the weeks -- even in the longest, most tiring, most turbulent weeks there are usually 10 things that are not so bad. So hunker down, hit play, and read on for the good in this week.


1. Afternoon naps. I got up early this weekend and have enjoyed some relaxing and lazy afternoons!

2. It had been snowing here for like the last 10 days, but I've been reminding myself that it can't last forever! Spring has to be on it's way to MN eventually, right? And it helps to think how much the vegetation will love the snow once it melts :)

3. Rekindling an old friendship. My friend from high school and I got together this week and made a plan to message some of our old high school friends to see if they want to get together. It would be great to see how everyone has changed and stayed the same.

4. Guacamole from Chipotle. I mean, I don't know what they do to it, but it's amazing.

#5: found in the conservatory at longwood gardens
5. The flower to the right. It is so delicate and it smells lovely. I was struck by how these blooms start out as tiny, hard little red buds, grow to bigger red-tinged white balls, which then explode into full, fluffy-looking flower. Incredible.

6. Enjoying time outside! Unlike Minnesota, Delaware is barreling its haphazard way into spring. I'm gradually reinfusing my skin with the vitamin D it has been so desperately missing these past few months... The sun is just beautiful.

7. We got a new toilet this week! It used to require some serious plunging every other flush or so, in a good week... But our landlord came and replaced it yesterday and so far it is smooth sailing! (For those of you who have fully functioning toilets, this is a reminder to NEVER TAKE IT FOR GRANTED! And also, take good care of it now so it doesn't come back to haunt you later... Somewhat literally.)

8. HIMYM, better known as How I Met Your Mother. Possibly the best show ever created. Like real life... but funnier, maybe because we're watching other people living it, or maybe because those "other people" happen to be an all-star comedy cast. (Just for the record, I'm not caught up; my preferred method of watching television is in a series of marathon sessions, some time after it was first aired.)

9. Family. Absolutely cannot tell you enough how much family means to me, and how important it is to have a solid family around each other when the going gets rough.

10. The following photo was sent to me via text message today from a college friend visiting New York this week for dance:

1 comment: