Sunday, March 17, 2013

All Good Things Reprise: Episode 3

Happy St. Patrick's Day, friends! We all know how much I love holidays... And this seems to be a particularly high-spirited one in these parts. I didn't see the famous parade, but I had some friends over last night and I think we all had a great time. Great food, great drink, great company.

The gang is back together this week for All Good Things, so enjoy our collective cross-country list! And by the way, if you have a song request or a list item to contribute, let us know in the comments!



1. I (Clara) have developed a tendency to visualize metaphors and hyperboles used in day-to-day conversation. This has caused some hilarious and often wildly inconvenient incidents in work meetings, especially since I mentioned to my coworkers that I do this. (I had to; it was my explanation for having bust out laughing at something not meant to be in any way funny.) These images have generated from the following circumstances, to name a few:
  • "If we want to market to blue cows, but this channel targets all cows and all we can do is hope the blue ones see it, then we're going to have red cows and green cows in here... but we only want the blue ones!"
  • "They always have waiting lists out the butt."
  • "It literally blew my mind."
Are you picturing it?

2. We have a new pope! Well... the Catholic Church has a new pope, and a lot of people are really excited about it. And he's South American, for the first time ever!
3. Movie days! More specifically: spending a day watching all the movies in a series. Harry Potter, Karate Kid!

4. I (Cassie) did a PedalPub with some friends this weekend. When we passed people on the street they'd start smiling and laughing. It was so great to see how something so simple and goofy can put a smile on people's faces!

5. People who wear sandals in the winter. It doesn't make sense to me, but it's impressive!

6. Yoga balls. I use a yoga ball at work now, and I'm loving it. (Cassie -- and Clara is SO JEALOUS that flies at Cassie's work...)

7. Observing a first date at a coffee shop. We both love surreptitiously watching couples and seeing how they react to each other and their body language. So interesting.

8. Today was the 50th annual Caesar Rodney Half Marathon & 5k, and my work (Clara) hosted a water stop. It was freezing cold but we all brought our families and had a really good time. It never gets old -- the runners are so appreciative, and it's really rewarding when they point at you to indicate that they are aiming for the cup of water in your hand and no one else's. Like being chosen.

An added benefit: my sisters had a good time too!

9. I (Clara) had to take my car in to the mechanic twice this week, but it looks like the check engine light is going to stay off for awhile now... and it was a fairly straightforward fix. I REALLY appreciate having such a good car overall...

10. J. turned up in front of my house (this is Clara, obvi) on Wednesday night for date night with a dozen roses in his hand. Just because :)

No comments:

Post a Comment