Sunday, March 3, 2013

All Good Things Reprise: Episode 1

Some of you may remember Sunday nights back on good old KSTO, St. Olaf radio. There was a show called All Good Things, a review of feel-good, stress-relieving music, bad jokes, and things that made up happy over the past week -- hosted by my good friend Cassie and yours truly. I've been missing the show (and Cassie) extra lately, so we've gotten back in touch to bring you a post-grad edition of All Good Things. Hit play for your background music, and read on...



1. Children who have some grown-up mannerisms. I had a 9 year old introduce himself to me and firmly shake my hand the other day. He was so formal! It made my heart smile! -Cassie

2. I've been letting people cross the street in front of me or waving them on at ambiguous intersections, and I've gotten some really lovely smiles and waves. So worth it. -Clara

3. Jeans that are completely worn in to fit the shape of my body. -Cassie... but really, who DOESN'T love this?!

4. Wrote a blog post on Wednesday with time left to go to happy hour, where I met another Ole and a bunch of other really cool LVC volunteers!

5. ...And because I went to happy hour, I found out that Ben Taylor (the son of James Taylor and Carly Simon) was playing at World Café Live at the Queen THAT VERY NIGHT! So I went to the concert, which was great, and also discovered Grace Weber (featured in the above playlist). Good choices. -Clara

6. Dogs wearing boots to walk in the snow. I saw a golden retriever wearing boots this week and completely lost it! I was giggling to myself for well over 10 minutes. -Cassie

7. The plus side of bad weather: it's pretty! -Clara

8. Madeleine cookies. Luke and I found a recipe that is wonderful! (If we can find the recipe again, we'll share it with you!) -Cassie

9. Got some new "persimmon"-colored plastic Adirondack chairs for my porch... can't wait for spring! -Clara

10. AND last but not least, we're back "on the air!" See you next time, faithful readers :)

2 comments:

  1. Clara, What the hell color is "persimmon"?!
    And Cass, I'm currently missing a pair of perfectly fitting, worn in, FLATTERING jeans... FML.

    Love you two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Persimmon... I call it hot pink, Jason thinks it's red...

      Roughly, a persimmon of this color: http://www.foodgal.com/2008/12/like-mother-like-daughter/

      Delete