Sunday, March 10, 2013

All Good Things Reprise: Episode 2

Welcome back to All Good Things, dear readers! It's a beautiful sunny Sunday here in Wilmington, so I'm ecstatic to be able to share with you some little rays of sunshine from my part of the woods. Cassie and I are still working out the kinks in collaboration, but hopefully we'll figure out something that works! In the meantime, enjoy this week's playlist and things-list.



1. My mom and I, tea-lovers of the greatest degree, have both hit a lull in drinking teas we love. This may be in part due to the fact that we are missing having the Whistling Kettle 20 minutes away, but supermarket boxed teas have almost always fallen a bit short.

(Any readers finding themselves near Ballston Spa, NY: stop in and have a cream tea in our honor! Also, any readers in or near the Wilmington, DE, area who know of a good tea spot, drop a comment on the blog!)

...So how does this not-so-good thing make the list, you might be asking yourself? Here's how: I met someone this week whose sister writes a tea blog! Better yet, it's not just about flavors and teas, but history and culture of tea! Nerd/teagasm. Check it out: http://cafelegi.wordpress.com/

2. I love finding excuses to do things I love, i.e. eating sweet potatoes, walking and running, dancing, and doing creative stuff. These all turned up on an infographic of ways to live longer.

3. My mom sent me this picture from her daily lunchtime walk this week. Spring is a-comin'!

4. Our team at Hilltop Superstars (local social services fundraiser) this year improved substantially at all events over last year... And while we came in 6th out of 8 teams, it was great bonding, feel good body movin', and good wholesome fun.

5. Met some new people and made some new friends at 1984 last night! I got invited by my Wilmo-Ole connection to see this band play at the arcade bar, and this time got a chance to talk to a few new members of the group. Cool kids so far :)

6. Then, while two of us were playing Connect Four, we were suavely interrupted by a guy asking to play the winner. We ended up talking to him and his friend for the next hour, and the conversation was actually quite excellent overall. I swear interesting people do exist in this town... You just have to...believe in them? Like fairies.

7. I opened the windows today while eating pancakes and the cats made a friend! The cat next door was sitting in the window across the alley, meowing back and forth with them. So cute :)

8. Also, this was on my tea bag this morning:

9. The plus side of the Blogger app being mediocre (and not having reliable computer/internet access on the weekends) is that I am learning something about HTML code! On-the-blog training?

10. I've spent some time writing, reading, and organizing my words today at a place I've never been before (eeffoc in Trolley Square, and for those who are interested, I do enjoy the vibe... and I'm totally jazzed about the unbelievably eclectic music they play here) -- but anyway, I'm about to head out and "throw a disc" at Brandywine Park for a bit in the sunshine! Go and do likewise.

Until next week-- Stay Classie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment