Sunday, February 23, 2014

all good things: warm and fuzzy

All Good Things started as a one-hour Sunday night radio show on KSTO St. Olaf radio, featuring feel-good music and 10 highlights from the past week. The show, and its current written form, is brought to you by Clara, Second Set of Baby Steps creator, and my radio co-host Cassie. We both contribute things to the list, so I'll tell you who said what to avoid confusion.

So get cozy and get ready for this week's batch of good things!


1. Song of the week: Jimmy Fallon & Justin Timberlake's Histor(ies) of Rap. There are at least five of them (all of which I've watched today) and they are awesome. Also, it took me twice as long to love J.T. as most of the rest of my generation, but I am 100% on the boat now. So, if rap is really not your thing, try this: 100 Miles, from Inside Llewyn Davis.

2. Major hair cuts! I got my hair cut even shorter this past week. It took some major getting used to, but I'm loving it! I realized that I wasn't getting it cut because I was worried I'd look like a boy or a soccer mom. Then I realized I could make it my own, and I went for it. I've had a few Bieber moments (yikes), but I'm learning! - Cassie


3. Big snowstorms. MN had a huge one this Thursday night. Luke and I went for a wintry walk. We got completely soaked with snow, but had an amazing time. I built a snowman for the first time in years and had a snowball fight. Driving to work on Friday sucked, but I got to think about my snowman which made me smile. - Cassie

4. Puzzles. Sometimes I just like to have a chill weekend with some wine and a good puzzle. I get wrapped up in them for hours at a time and suddenly it's 2 in the morning. - Cassie

5. Night Circus. We're reading this for book club and I'm hooked. I swear, it never gets old reading a book that completely sucks me in and gets all muddled up with reality... Also, the author's name is Erin Morgenstern, which gives me hope that S. Morgenstern (of Princess Bride infamy) might actually be a real person. - Clara

6. Siblings. I talked to my sister and my brother on the phone this week, and we talked about how awesome we are. It is so great being related to people who get you, that you want to hang out with for fun and not just because you're forced to. - Clara

7. Get togethers with old friends. Some old coworkers and I have been trying to get together for months now, and we finally worked it out to have lunch together yesterday afternoon. They're good, smart people and it's nice to catch up. - Clara

8. Lums Pond is a legendary Delaware State Park south of Wilmington, but I hadn't ever been there until this afternoon. J and I drove down and walked around for a couple of hours, around the lake which was frozen and is now covered in a weird icy slush, through squelchy muddy paths. It is beautiful though. We'll be back to train for the Spartan when it gets a little warmer! - Clara


9. Warm days. Got some real sun the past few days, not just fake daylight lamps. We could go outside without a jacket, and we even had to wear sunglasses! I feel all toasty. - Clara

10. Homemade bread. J got a pound of yeast for a special dinner last week and it has inspired him to bake lots and lots of bread! His bread is delicious and I usually get the second taste, right after it comes out of the oven! - Clara

* * * * * * *
Thank you, readers, for being with us tonight, and for giving me reasons to write, and things to write about.

And thanks for joining us
every Sunday night! Join the Baby Steps on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/TheBabyStepsSaga for good things every day, and updates on new posts. Come back next week for another reminder of 10 more things to be thankful for!

Until then, be kind to each other, and find a reason to smile!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment