Wednesday, July 31, 2013

how to deal when things don't go my way

Well, dear readers, I just spent the last hour and fifteen minutes writing a post about how great of a time and all the good food we ate and beer we drank at the 2013 Newark Food and Brew Festival... And the whole thing somehow magically got deleted.

And this after some dramatic soul-searching about what to write about today.

I guess I'm not meant to be a food-and-beer critic. I wouldn't even venture so far as to say it's anywhere near my best genre.

But I miraculously resisted throwing my phone against the wall. That's what I get for not having internet at home and not using the super-slow library computers, right? (As much as I legitimately love the library, I did not feel like dealing with that today. Especially now that I can hook up this awesome bluetooth keyboard to my phone!)

Instead, I set everything down gently and took a few deep breaths (read: about 15 deep, deep breaths). And then Jason (who came running when he heard my shouts of rage) reminded me that I am wearing my anti-anxiety hand-on-heart necklace, and that it fits perfectly on the tip of my nose. Oddly, I have found this really therapeutic in the past.

I'm still mad. But I'm going to move on with my life and go watch Wolverine. It's date night.

No comments:

Post a Comment