Monday, July 25, 2011

daze of our lives

So, I guess a lot of you are probably wondering how my old-fashioned date went -- what was it, two weeks ago?  The simple answer is, it was great.  Homemade root beer in chilled glasses, sharing a hot fudge sundae, abstractly scored mini golf, Cars 2 (which turned out to be a greater movie than I dared anticipate, full of puns and hilarious references).  He drove me home and walked me to my door and went home.  Truly novel.  I can't remember the last time somebody was happy just holding my hand.

Maybe when I was 5 and I couldn't cross the street solo.

OK, I'm exaggerating.  But seriously, it's so refreshing to spend time with a really cute, really funny guy who really just enjoys being around me instead of holding out for night to fall, as it were.  And the more time I spend with him, the more I like him.  I'm surprised by him every day, and so far they're only good surprises.  I can tell that I'm still relatively guarded, like I can hardly believe that he's real and not just fronting.  But I do believe it, when it comes down to it.  And right now I'm just in awe.  Which is mainly why I haven't written in almost a week: I'm dazed from the heat and a series of really great dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment