Wednesday, July 13, 2011

courtship

I just got asked on a real, live date.  My first real live date in the real live world.

"Oh, were you thinking of going out to dinner?" I asked on the phone after work today.  (He asked me out last night after we'd been hanging all day with a group of sweet people.)

"Well, that's part of the plan," he said slyly, then proceeded to suggest that we go out to a drive-in diner with a mini-golf course right next door.

"I'll be at your door at 7, then, you know how it goes," he said.

I'm dying.


On a completely different note, I'm cursing the thought that crossed my mind back in the "I'm feeling overqualified" days.  Note to everyone who ever smacktalked waitressing, or ever considered working as a server: show me the person who is overqualified for serving.  I don't think that person exists.  Somehow, my best is always just short of Good Enough.

The upcoming weekend marks Wannigan Days, a festival weekend full of events, music, shows, games and contests, fireworks -- you name it, we've got it.  Not to mention what will feel like 746599 people blazing through the town and blazing through the restaurant wanting good service and good food.

Not that they won't get it, necessarily...  But speaking of blazing, Saturday's low is 100 degrees -- we're betting on 110°.  Let's hope we all make it out alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment