Wednesday, September 26, 2012

food and love

I'm actually feeling a little settled right now. It's nice.

I'm only going to drop a quick line right now because I have little to say and not a lot of time.

What I'm thinking about right now is LOVE.

After spending Friday night at my first high school football game since, well, high school, I stayed the weekend in Baltimore with Lisa, my next-door neighbor freshman year at St. Olaf, and Mary Lynn, Wednesday morning breakfast buddy four years straight. I haven't seen her since the last Harry Potter movie came out last summer.

Both great loves of my life.

We had dinner at a busy little BYOB pizza joint called Iggie's, where the pizza was delicious and the laughter came easy. Lisa's roommates are great (thank you, Craigslist) and her house is beautiful. And Baltimore is a pretty cool city, from what I can tell. I bussed out on gorgeous Sunday afternoon, watching Ravens tailgaters crammed into every side street and back alley and parking lot they could find. Purple and gold everywhere.

I know I totally dropped the ball on the food blogging, but I may get back to it especially now that I have to think about food every night instead of just counting on my mom to have gone shopping/cooked. Life skills. It's not unusual for me to get home from the gym/work/some event/hanging out with someone after 8:00 and realize I haven't eaten since lunch and I suddenly need food, fast, and I want to want to eat it. Strange.

My roommate Katy eats every 2 hours, and she can have food ready faster than you can say Ratatouille.

Speaking of food, and of good company, some coworkers and I went out for lunch today at Palacio Maya, about 2 feet up the road in Hockessin. I will tell you that I work with some really smart, fun, down-to-earth people. Respect.

And now I'm off to the Queen for Wilmington's Fringe Festival preview party!

Here's my charge: Love the ones you're with. And the ones you're not with. Enjoy the people you value in your life, and tell them you care. Touch base. It makes a difference.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment