Wednesday, June 5, 2013

All Good Things Reprise: Episode 15

Have you spent any time in the fresh air today? It could just be the cure-all you desperately need. Or just some general feel good vitamin D. Give yourself a break, sit back, and enjoy the good things life has to offer this week.


1. The 100 Worst Songs Ever playlist on Songza. On Monday morning one of my officemates discovered this playlist and it got us through the morning. Almost every new song elicited a resounding collective "YES!" from both of us (except for the few truly terrible tunes we didn't recognize).

2. The Wilmington Greek Festival. Best spanakopita, dolmades (stuffed grape leaves -- but I learned how to say it the Greek way), baklava! My favorite dessert ever. Gyros, of course, and ouzo, which I have never tasted before but I really quite like that anise flavor.

3. Brave by Sara Bareilles. It's in the playlist this week, but really it deserves its own number because the song has been boosting me every couple of days lately, whenever I need it, and the video gives me happy-chills.

4. On Friday night my parents took J. and I to a Broadway show for my birthday -- a belated birthday gift, because my birthday is in November. I am definitely not complaining that we got to celebrate my birthday twice in one year... We meant to see Rock of Ages but there weren't any good seats left, so we saw Mamma Mia! instead which we also really enjoyed, especially since I haven't even seen the movie before! Also because I love ABBA. We had some delicious Asian fusion food right before the show, right next door to the theater, and some New York cheesecake for dessert afterward. It was raining so hard on Friday we were all soaked the whole time. Times Square was pretty wild with thousands of umbrellas competing for overhead airspace...

5. Girls night out! Last night my roomies and I went out in Trolley Square, which is sort of the 20-somethings' official going out place in northern Delaware. The three of us are usually so busy that we never have time to actually talk and touch base... So we have to schedule it weeks in advance. And when we do finally get together, it's always so good and refreshing.

6. Summer hours! My job allows us to work more hours on Monday-Thursdays and then have a half day on Friday. It's the best thing ever. It feels like I have a long weekend every weekend! The weekdays can feel long, but it's worth it.

7. Honey Kix. Luke and I picked up a box to try it this week. We finished them in like 2 days because they're so flipping good! You should try them. For real.

8. Letting someone play with/do your hair. I don't know what it is, but when someone plays with my hair or styles it in some way I get so relaxed. I had a practice appointment to try out some wedding hairstyles, and I almost fell asleep!

9. The movie Moonrise Kingdom. I saw it in the theater, own a copy of it, and watch it every time it plays on HBO. It's a movie about two 12-year-olds who fall in love. It's so innocent and lovely that I can't help but smile.

10. Making breakfast for someone. I normally wake up earlier than Luke, and I love surprising him with some type of breakfast (eggs, pancakes, etc). I feel like it's a nice way to show my appreciation for all the great things he does for me.


Until next week, dear readers! Be kind to each other! (The really lpvely closing line from The Ellen Show.)

No comments:

Post a Comment